Tibetan Buddhism meditation is like any other techniques used in contemporary mind–body medicine have as their ultimate goal states of improved psychophysiological functioning.
similar, or directly related, to enlightenment such as meditation techniques and forms of psychotherapy based on transpersonal psychology, neurolinguistic programing and their various outgrowths.
Today the whole world knows the method of meditation developed by Buddha as Tibetan Buddhism meditation. In this method of meditation, the seeker develops the quality of Buddha within himself.
In this meditation technique, the focus is on compassion and goodwill. The way to do Buddhist meditation is very easy and it gives us amazing results.
Let us know about Tibetan monk meditation.
There is an important role of visualization practices in Tibetan Buddhist meditation techniques.
Through imagination, we distance ourselves from external things and move towards the inner side and move forward.
The deeper our imagination, the deeper the practice. Apart from the singing bowl, Tibetan Buddhism meditation and there are many spiritual practices that come under it and they all have their own benefits.
This method of meditation is very simple and works to replace your emotional feeling. Through our breath, we change the emotion and feeling buried in our mind on the principle of Accept and let go.
This method of meditation is also known as Super Awareness practice of ever because it takes our awareness level to the highest level.
Tibetan Buddhism meditation
It is clear from the name that this meditation is associated with Buddhism. Today, most of the Tibetan Buddhist meditation techniques spread around the world use a common technique and that is visualization practices i.e. an imaginary meditation.
Such a meditation in which we mold ourselves into the desired form through imagination and break any external contact with ourselves.
Through this technique, we develop positive qualities like compassion and goodwill in us. Using mantra along with imagination increases the chances of success.
Only one concept is given importance in meditation and that is to feel the wise and loving presence of Lord Buddha within oneself. The result of this technique is amazing which makes it popular among the people.
Over time, Buddhist meditation or Tibetan Buddhism meditation and philosophy spread all over the world years before the East. Wherever this meditation and philosophy spread among the people, it was liked.
Today Buddhist meditation techniques of Japan, Indochina, Sri Lanka and Tibet all have some similarities, but there are also some noticeable changes.
How to practice Tibetan Buddhism meditation step by step Guide
Studies of advanced meditators, and any advanced meditation states they may achieve, indicate effects to be expected from long-term practice of the techniques concerned. In South Asian countries like India and Tibet.
Long-term meditation is still widely held to be the way to achieve the highest goal of human life, ‘enlightenment’, a term now described in terms of the stabilization of higher states of functioning of the human psychophysiology.
In societies and cultures with this understanding, there are naturally numbers of individuals available for the study of progressive development towards such states, and their reputed practical advantages, for example to health.
If the statue of the Buddha is used during meditation, then we get support in practice of Tibetan Buddhism meditation. For this, whether you take a photo or a statue will help. Let us know how this meditation technique is done.
- First of all, sit in comfortable and proper meditation posture, for this you can use cushion or chair.
- For a while, put all your attention on feeling yourself. Understand how you feel about your body and the surrounding environment.
- Now visualize that Buddha is sitting in front of you on a golden pedestal and behind him is the Tree of Awakening: a Bodhi tree.
- Imagine that Buddha’s golden body is looking only at you and with boundless love and compassion he is looking only at you.
- Take yourself deeper into the imagination and start imagining in more detail how Buddha looks and what is around him.
- If you can stay in your imagination for a long time, then it is okay otherwise imagine a golden light or heaven only.
- As this light is filling your body and heart, you feel yourself calm and wellbeing.
- At the final stage of meditation, Buddha is meeting in a light and that light is getting absorbed in you, stop practicing it with such imagination.
After this, if you want, you can end the session of Tibetan Buddhism meditation or you can spend some time in mindfulness practice . During this, your attention should not be on any object.
Super Awareness practice of ever
This type of meditation is undoubtedly easy and can be done easily but it has more scope than any mindfulness or awareness practice and this is what makes it a super awareness practice.
It is focused on 2 things, first to take the creativity level of your brain to the highest level and secondly to develop the quality of Buddha within yourself.
The biggest feature of Tibetan Meditation is that it strengthens the connection between mind, behavior, and body.
Whenever we try to sit quietly, our mind starts moving in different directions. Through Tibetan Buddhism meditation, we convert Monkey mind into a powerful tool.
Exercise keeps us physically fit, the same meditation works on our brain muscle and we keep on making ourselves strong.
Tibetan meditations you can use
There are many techniques that we can use in the method of Tibetan meditation. All these methods mainly work on Loving kindness and compassion, due to which the immune system is strengthened, our perspective changes and we start to be balanced.
Meditation on Compassion
- This method makes us comfortable everywhere, no matter what the situation is sitting, standing, walking, or lying down.
- Makes the spine straight during Tibetan Buddhism meditation, relaxes the body, deepens the breath and strengthens the focus.
- Balances the sequence of breaths, due to which breathing is done through the nose and it is uniform and deep.
- The effect of this mantra increases with repeated repetition.
Om Mani Padme Hum
This mantra has to be chanted in the following way
(h)ome, man ee, pad mee, hoom
This means that compassion is developing in our heart. It has a direct effect on our heart, due to which it removes itself from negative thoughts and cleans itself with compassion and loving kindness.
If this mantra is chanted daily then physical, mental, and spiritual health is enhanced.
It is believed that if a person is in his last moment and during this time this mantra is chanted, then he is able to exhale peacefully. This is the reason why Tibetan Buddhism meditation is a purely spiritual practice.
Tibet Mudra is that special position that harmonizes our body and mind. Most of the people follow Sun Salutations which is an important series in Yoga today.
- Mountain Pose: Standing straight and joining your hands in the posture of prayer which is in front of his chest. Close your eyes and deepen your breath and take your attention from the outside elements towards you.
- Follow circular breathing. In this method, we breathe through the nose and take it to the depth of the stomach. As long as the breath stays inside, in the same time outside also. This breath is deep and uniform. You can get a lot of benefit from Tibetan Buddhism meditation specially how to control monkey mind.
- Now put your hands in the posture of prayer, first on your crown chakra, on your forehead, on your neck and then finally on your heart.
- Lie down on the floor, your hands should be straight on the floor. (This method is similar to the method of Surya Namaskar and see the photo given below for more information.)
- Stand back and bring your attention back to circular breathing.
- Open your eyes and start the day with circular breathing, mindfulness, and centeredness.
Tibetan Buddhism meditation follows the pose like Surya Namaskar which you can understand better in the photo.
This method of meditation is different in which we breathe hard and exhale comfortably. Its basic principle is the following.
“Breathe in suffering and breathe out compassion”
The method of this meditation is accomplished in the following way.
- Make yourself comfortable first.
- Straighten the spine and make the breath deep and take the meditation into your inner being instead of the external elements.
- Engage yourself in circular breathing. Take deep breaths from the nose towards the stomach and make it uniform.
- Tonglen yourself: When you take your breath inwards, let your every negative thoughts emerge. Along with exhaling, you are taking out all these negative thoughts, you have to feel that. During Tibetan Buddhism meditation, the empty space that remains, you have to fill that space with compassion.
- Tonglen for oneself: We do this for those with whom we are connected. Feel your love for them by taking a breath and let such feelings emerge. Feel them happy as you exhale.
- Purification: At the end of meditation, we have to make this visualization that when we take our breath in, it is in the form of a black smoke. This smoke is negative thinking, emotion, feeling that is coming out of the market when we are exhaling.
In a way of meditation, it acts as an eclipse and a release. You accept and let go of any emotion, feeling and thoughts through this. You can do it for yourself, for others, even for any person in this world, you can use Tibetan Buddhism meditation.
Benefit of Tibetan Buddhism meditation
There are two levels of benefit experienced by the practitioner of meditation.
The first benefit is the immediate improvement in the conditions of daily life.
The practice of meditation leads to a mind that is more peaceful, more tranquil and more at ease.
Because the mind is more relaxed, events that usually disturb us seem to take on less importance and we stop taking them in such a serious way.
Likewise, through meditation the mind gradually learns to be independent of external conditions and circumstances.
This mind that is unaffected by outer conditions is then able to discover its own stability and tranquillity.
A stable mind, one that is not disturbed, leads to the experience of less suffering in our lives. These are the immediate benefits that come from regular meditation practice.
How to get benefit from Tibetan Buddhism meditation Conclusion
If we talk about Tibetan meditation and Tibetan singing bowls are not named, this cannot happen. Singing bowl is used in both meditation and therapy.
Today most of it is used in Spiritual sound therapy. We will talk about this in the coming post.
Tibetan medicine emphasizes the connection between mind, behavior, and body.
You may be amazed at how unruly your mind is when you try to sit quietly and observe your thoughts.
Tibetan meditation or simply Tibetan Buddhism meditation is designed to tame your monkey mind and help it become a tool that you can use to create health and happiness.
Meditation is like training your mental muscle. Your mind improves with practice.
If you have any kind of question in your mind regarding Tibetan monk meditation then you can ask us in comment.