Many times while walking, we start seeing everything blurry or else the body or mind becomes numb for some time. During this we do not have any kind of consciousness nor are we able to control ourselves.
This often happens with those people who have lack of water or lack of blood. Because of this, when the brain is not able to work properly for some time, then the period of blackouts has to be faced. This is such a medical condition in which we lose control over ourselves for some time.
Loss of consciousness or complete or partial memory loss are some of the symptoms that can be noticed during this period.
Usually, dizziness or fainting, both of these feel like black-out, but in blackout our brain is not able to function properly which is either due to lack of water or lack of regular supply of blood to the brain. It happens because of shortage.
Initially it is for a few seconds, which can last for minutes later and during this time we have no sense of what we do or what happens around.
If you are ignoring it as a small thing, then doing so can be fatal for you because it creates the problem of memory loss or unconscious state for us which is a serious medical problem.
Today we will talk about its symptoms, disease or component due to which it happens and its correct treatment.
What are blackouts?
Black-out is a period of unconsciousness or memory loss during which we are unable to have conscious or unconscious control over ourselves.
At this time we are in a state of unconsciousness or lack of awareness, during which we are not aware of what is happening or what we are doing.
There can be many reasons for this, such as brain damage, drug side effects, excessive alcohol consumption or some disorders that affect brain function such as epilepsy.
Fainting Blackouts which is also known as syncope in medical language. It refers to a condition that occurs during a black-out.
If we talk physically, then many reasons come to the fore such as
- Cardiac arrhythmias (abnormal heart rate or rhythm)
- Abnormalities of the heart muscle or valves Failure of the heart to function properly.
- Condition called postural hypo-tension in which we suddenly get up while sitting and then suddenly become numb due to the problem of blood supply to the brain.
The main reason for black-out is the lack of proper supply of blood to our brain. This problem often occurs with those people who are deficient in blood, work sitting for a long time or do physical workouts negligibly.
Apart from this, there are many such symptoms which accompany a condition like memory loss.
What other symptoms might occur with blackouts?
The symptoms accompanying black-out depend on many diseases, disorders or conditions such as nervous system symptoms and about 70% of the symptoms are due to nervous breakdown.
- Changes in hearing, taste or smell
- Change in mood, personality or behavior
- Depression _
- Difficulty speaking Difficulty speaking
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Head injury
- Loss of vision or changes in vision
- Memory loss not being able to remember things
- Muscle twitching, spasms or seizures
There are also some symptoms that you can notice during Blackouts such as Body aches, Fever headache, Nausea with or without vomiting, Jitteriness, Palpitations, Weight loss Weight loss in which you can see the problem of most of the anxiety.
There are also some serious symptoms which if not corrected in time can become a threat to our life.
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness such as passing out or unresponsiveness i.e. a situation in which we are completely unaware of our surroundings.
- mental status or sudden behavior change such as confusion, delirium, lethargy, hallucinations and delusions
- Feeling of pain or pressure in the chest
- be unable to speak
- sudden high fever
- Paralysis or inability to move any one body part
- Shortness of breath, such as shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or inability to breathe, labored breathing, wheezing, or choking
- staying headache
If these symptoms are not corrected in time, then permanent injury can also become for us.
What causes blackouts?
Mainly it is related to the brain. Such problems, due to which there is an effect on the brain function, especially the nervous system and blood supply, cause the condition of black out.
Many times a condition like blackout can also arise due to traumatic event or past life regret.
There are many reasons for this, which if seen mainly include Serious or life-threatening causes apart from Traumatic causes, Substance-related causes, Disease and disorder causes of blackouts. Let us know about them.
- Traumatic causes
- Any Complications of brain surgery
- Electroshock therapy
- Injections and innoculations
- Mild head injury
- Phlebotomy (drawing a blood sample)
- Traumatic emotional event
- Substance-related causes of blackouts
There are a number of things that lead to blackouts, including alcohol intoxication, medication side effects, such as the side effects of cancer treatments or seizure medications, or using drugs such as anesthesia, poisons.
Many times, due to cleaning chemicals or pesticides, recreational drugs, a situation like nervous breakdown can also be seen which causes blackouts.
Illnesses and Disorders that Cause Blackouts
- Brain or spinal cord injury or tumor.
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Lack of water Dehydration
- High stress Depression
- Epilepsy (disorder characterized by recurrent seizures)
- Infections of the brain
- Nutrient deficiency
- Parkinson’s disease
- Postural hypotension
- Vasovagal syncope
If you are going through any of these medical conditions, then there is an increased chance that you will have to face the situation of blackout.
Some dangerous reasons related to black-out
- irregular heartbeats
- weakening of heart muscle
- Heart valve failure
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Severe infection
- Traumatic injury
This type of disease or symptom is a very serious condition. If you are going through these medical conditions, then it is better that you identify some special questions.
- Are you able to remember things and events at the time of blackouts?
- Do you remember what you do immediately after that?
- What were you doing just before the black out?
- What kind of medicine are you using?
- When was the last time you had a drink?
These are some such questions, based on the answers of which you can get more information about Blackouts.
Some complex problems that may be faced
There are many such complications of blackouts, due to which we can also have serious problems. It depends on the different causes and symptoms. Sometimes serious diseases which are not treated at the right time can cause permanent damage.
To avoid this, keep taking the right treatment suggested by the health care professional.
Brain damage, accidents during a blackout episode, neurological problems such as memory loss and confusion, permanent nerve damage including paralysis are serious medical conditions that occur due to lack of proper treatment.
Mostly it is due to lack of water or obstruction in the flow of blood. Due to the failure of the brain to function properly, this problem is temporary in the beginning, which later turns into permanent damage.
How to get help during blackouts period final conclusion
Many times, while walking or during work, we have to face a situation like numbness of the mind.
If the brain is not working properly after sitting and sitting suddenly, then consult a health care professional as soon as possible to take blackouts treatment because the delay in this can cause permanent damage to you.
In the beginning, it may appear at a very low level, but later it can become a reason for permanent memory loss for us.
Many times, due to this, a situation like serious damage or injury may also have to be faced. When we are in the blackouts period, we do not have any kind of senses nor any control over ourselves due to which any accident can happen, so never ignore it.
Usually, you can get rid of it by controlling the lack of water, lack of blood and the right flow, but if it is happening due to some other reason, then try to treat it in time.